Continuing Education | Little Rock, AR
September 15 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
I hope this letter finds everyone doing well and your business is getting back to normal. Due to the Covid-19 restrictions and directives from the Governor's Office for Arkansas, as an association we have made several adjustments to our upcoming continuing education classes. With the different phases of the reopening process set forth by the Governor's office our normal structure of classes has changed. This year we will be holding the three classes in September of this year.
Hotel Reservations & Class will be held at:
Comfort Inn & Suites Presidential
707 Interstate 30
Little Rock, AR
Reservations can be made by calling (501) 687-7700
Room Rate: $82.00 (Block ends August 16th)
J.B. Robison Sr. | Full time in the Auction Business Since 1982.
Graduated from Missouri Auction School when it was still conducted at the Stockyards in Kansas City in August, 1982 --- Graduated #1 out of 158 students.
When he got out of Auction School he had $1,100 – a Wife in school who was not employed, an 10-year-old son, a mortgage, a car payment, no Auction supplies or equipment, had never worked an Auction before in his life in any capacity. BUT he had incentive – if he didn’t sell, they didn’t eat, simple as that!
- Past President of the Oklahoma Auctioneers Association.
- Oklahoma Auctioneers Association Hall of Fame.
- 1988 Oklahoma Auctioneers Association Champion Auctioneer.
- (His Son JB Jr was the 2017 Dual Champion Oklahoma State Auctioneer Association Auctioneer & Ringman)
- Contestant in the First International Auctioneers Contest in 1988
- Past President of the Oklahoma Chapter of CAI Auctioneers
He car-pooled with “Mr. Ed Vierheller, OK Hall of Fame and NAA Hall of Fame & Paul Wells, former Instructor at Ft. Smith Auction School and OK Hall of Fame to Oklahoma CAI meetings for 25+ years – they traveled over 27,000 miles together going to and from those meetings - What a learning experience!!!
- Past President of the Northeast Oklahoma Board of Realtors.
- Realtor of the Year, Northeast Oklahoma Board of Realtors.
- Vinita, Oklahoma “Citizen of the Year Award”
- Vinita, Oklahoma “Hall of Fame Award”
- Grand Lake Association “50 Most Influential People on Grand Lake Award”
- Grand Lake Chamber of Commerce “Grand Laker of the Year Award”
He Believes In Education!
- Graduated from CAI in 1987.
- Was in the 1st Class of AARE, Accredited Auctioneer of Real Estate
- Was in the 1st Class of GPPA, Graduate Personal Property Appraiser
- Was in the 1st Class of CES, Certified Estate Specialist
- Was in the 1st Class of ATS, Auction Technical Specialist
- Was in the 1st Class of BAS, Benefit Auction Specialist
- He didn’t make it in the 1st Class of AMM, Auction Marketing Management, but he has been there and done that.
In 2016 he had the extreme pleasure of working with Arkansas Auctioneers David Stafford & Gary Cooper liquidating the “Deming Mansion” in Oswego, Kansas. 2019 along with Ken Warner, working for Dennis Huggins he assisted selling the St. Scholastica Monastery in Ft. Smith, Arkansas, an unbelievable experience!
If you ask him what his “Specialty” is he will tell you he does about everything BUT HE LOVES to orchestrate Large, Massive, Liquidation Auctions – establishing sale order, a smooth flow, and maximum dollars.
He says his biggest compliment comes before a large Auction when new bidders will say “there is no way they are going to get through all this” and one of his regular bidders will respond “evidently you have never been to one of JB’s Auctions? Hold on, you’re about to see it happen!
"An Old School Auctioneer in a New Technology World"
"Expediting The Auction"
Both topics will have items of interest for Personal Property, Real Estate & Contract Auctioneers.